Osteopathic Care in Roswell, GA
Smart Primary Care Provides Osteopathic Care at Our Roswell, GA Location. Call to Schedule an Appointment Today!
Osteopathic medicine offers hands-on diagnosis and treatment. Rather than simply treating your systems, osteopathic practitioners focus on prevention by gaining a deeper understanding of each patient’s lifestyle and environment. At Smart Primary Care, we believe patients should be partners in their own treatment, and in offering quality, compassionate care. If you are interested in speaking with one of our osteopathic physicians, call our Roswell, GA location to schedule an appointment today.
Dr. Kelly McCarter, D.O.
ABFM Board Certified in Family Medicine
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Kelly McCarter was born and raised in New Orleans, LA. She is a local graduate of GA-PCOM. She completed her residency in Family Medicine at LSU in New Orleans. Following Residency, she completed a Fellowship in Neuro-Musculoskeletal Medicine in Orlando, FL. Since graduating, Dr. McCarter has been practicing in Urgent Care in Brookhaven, GA.
What is Osteopathic Medicine?
Osteopathic medicine is a branch of medicine that emphasizes a holistic approach to treating patients and diagnosing their conditions in the belief that the body has the ability to heal itself. Osteopathic physicians incorporate a type of manual therapy known as Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment in which the doctor uses their hands to relieve restrictions and stress in the body that can be the cause of various dysfunctions
What is Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment?
Osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) involves the use of one’s hands to diagnose, treat, and prevent illness and injury. Your osteopathic physician will perform OMT by moving your muscles and joints through use of techniques that may include stretching, gentle pressure, and resistance. These practices can be applied to patients of all ages Treatment can often alleviate symptoms of ailments such as asthma, sinus disorders, carpal tunnel, and migraines. OMT may also be applied in conjunction with or in place of conventional treatment.
Smart Primary Care provides a wide variety of osteopathic services including, but not limited to
- Osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT)
- Perineural therapy injections
- Trigger point injections
- Back, neck, and pelvic pain
- Headaches, migraines, and vertigo
- Acute and chronic pain
Before and After Your Visit
Before your osteopathic visit, there are a few things which you will need to do in order to have the best possible experience.
- Please be sure to shower on the day of your appointment and avoid wearing any perfumes/colognes/body oils.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing or bring a change of clothes to the visit
- Make sure you are well hydrated the day of your appointment
- Bring all previous medical records or imaging reports that pertain to your medical history and relate to the medical complaint that you wish to address
- If you plan on exercising, please do so before your visit.
After an osteopathic visit, your body may feel slightly sore. The following suggestions can help ensure a comfortable recovery.
- Drink your daily recommended amount of water
- Take a Magnesium Glycinate Supplement (400-800mg)
- Over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol or Advil may help with pain
- A warm bath with Epsom salts can also help soothe sore muscles and joints
- Sleep restfully and in a neutral position following your appointment
- Avoid exercising after your appointment until the following day, however, you may do so before your appointment
How much does an osteopathic visit cost?
|Initial Visit||$225 (45-60 minute appointment)|
|Follow-up Visit||$125 (30-minute appointment)|
|Procedures (OMT & NIT)||$125 + Cost of Additional Treatments (45-60 minute appointment)|
|PIT||$50 Per Region|
|Trigger Point Injections||$50 Per Syringe|
|Intra-articular Injections||Prices May Vary|